Sunday, 15 September 2019

Topic 1.3.Verb in Contracted Negative Form and Countries and nationalities






Book Exercises 2a on page 9

Individual Speaking Practice: I'm not from.../I'm from...

I'm not from Brazil. I'm from Belize.
I'm not from _______. I'm from ______.

Team Speaking Practice:

Stephanie: Dana, where is Jade from?
Dana: Jade is from Japan.
Jade (Option 1): You're right. 
Jade (Option 2): You're wrong. I'm from Canada.

A: ____, where is ____ from?
B: _____ is from _____.
C (Option 1): You're right. 
C (Option 2): You're wrong. I'm from _____.


Who is she?

Her name's Lucy Bella Earl. She's an English speaker, but she's not from the USA because she's from the UK. She's a youtuber and an English teacher, so she isn't a student.


Collaborative Online Exercise of the verb 'be' in negative present simple with contractions on Wordwall:

Individual Online Exercise of the verb 'be' in negative present simple with contractions:

Who is he?
He's Mr. Bean. Mr. Bean is from the UK, so he's British.


Collaborative Exercises 3a and 3b on page 9

Individual Online Exercise of Countries and Nationalities:

Listening Exercise of People from different countries and nationalities

Individual Listening Comprehension Online Exercise of Countries and Nationalities:


I'm from Mexico, so I'm Mexican.
Neymar is from Brazil, so he's Brazilian.
Rafael Nadal is from Spain, so he's Spanish.
Batman is from the USA, so he's American.
Li Na is from China, so she's Chinese.
Ken Watanabe is from Japan, so he's Japanese.
Maria Sharapova is from Russia, so she's Russian.
Lucy Bella Earl and Mr Bean are from the UK, so they're British.

Vocabulary Individual Online Exercise of Countries and Nationalities:


What's our nationality?
We are...

Speaking Practice about saying different people's names, countries of origin and nationalities, for example, 'Katy Perry is from the United States, so she's American.' or 'The Beatles are from the UK, so they're British.'

Listening exercise 3a on page 11


No comments:

Post a Comment