Monday 16 September 2019

Topic 4.4.- Affirmative present simple with the personal pronouns he, she, and it


What cities are there in Quintana Roo?

For example: 'Cancun'


Opening speaking practice


A: Where do you live?

B: I live in Cancun.

A: Do you live with your family?

B1: Yes, I do. 

B2: No, I don't.

A: Who do you live with?

B1: I live with my wife and my dog.

B2: I live alone.

A: Do you have siblings?

B1: Yes, I do. I have two.

B2: No, I don't. I am an only child.


Cards for Bingo of Numbers

https://wordwall.net/resource/62150148


Statements in Present Simple with he/she/it


Pablo is from Spain.
Alice has a sister and a brother.
She lives in Buenos Aires.
He works in Sao Paulo.

Sentences

Rule

Examples

I play soccer. -> He plays soccer.

General rule: add -s

Verb play -> He plays

Verb work ->  He   works

I watch TV in the evening. -> He watches TV in the evening.

After -s, - x, -ch,  -sh, o and -z add -es.

Verb pass-> He passes

Verb mix -> He mixes

Verb watch -> He watches

Verb wash -> He washes

Verb do -> He does

Verb buzz -> It buzzes

I study at university. -> He studies at university.

After consonant + y remove -y and -ies

Verb study -> He studies

Verb try -> He tries

I have a sister. -> He has a sister.

Irregular forms

Verb be -> He is

Verb have -> He has

Verb can -> He can


Collaborative online exercise about the present simple present with the personal pronouns he/she/it

Individual online exercise about the present simple present with the personal pronouns he/she/it

No comments:

Post a Comment